Sunday, October 10, 2010

AMY SAYS YES

Amy: Sure, what the hell.
Marco: Okay, deal her in, Nick.
Nick: Allrighty.
Jenn: (to Amy) Really?
Amy: Why not?
Jenn: Well, have fun, I'm gonna go find Dax.
Amy: Okay, I'll be here.

Jenn leaves and Amy takes a seat.

Amy: So, how do you play?
Nick: You know how to play poker?
Amy: Well, kinda. I know the five card one, but not the one they play on TV all the time now.
Nick: Naw it's cool, we're playing the five card draw, not Texas Hold 'em.
Lizzie: That's good, I don't know how to play the Texas one either.
Nick: So, you get one draw of up to three cards, and the one with the shittiest hand has to lose a piece of clothing that goes to the person with the best hand.
Amy: Is there any betting?
Marco: Sure, you can bet one piece of clothing a round, but even if you fold and you have the worst hand, you still have to put in a piece of clothing.
Amy: Okay, got it.
Diana: Do you have one of those sheets, with the what-beats-what on it?
Marco: Let me look.
Nick: (singing) Easy pickings!
Amy: (laughs)
Diana: Shut up. I know how to play, it's just been a while.

Nick deals out the first hand, which ends up with Diana losing a sock, to Marco. He flings it over his shoulder, wearing it like a trophy. The game continues on, with Amy fairing better than the other ladies. Diana is down to her bra and panties, when suddenly there is some crashing around upstairs.

Amy: What the hell's that?
Nick: Sounds like someone's having a good time.
Marco: I'll be having a great time, if you deal me some cards!
Diana: Ha ha.

The noise upstairs is persisting, but it is hard to make it out over the music being played in the basement.

Amy: Turn down the music, I think I hear screaming.
Marco: It's probably just the TV.
Amy: Turn it down!
Marco: Okay, okay.

Marco leans back and hits the mute button. The screaming has stopped.

Marco: See? Nothing. Can we proceed?